Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pizza...grilled!

I've been making my own pizza for a while now.  I have made the dough myself but recently I've been buying the dough from Sam's Club, defrost it over night, roll it out and bake it in the oven at 375* for 10 minutes, add the toppings and put back in the oven until the cheese is all melty and gooey.  It's delicious.  Not much room for improvement.  At least that's what we thought....until we discovered you can grill a pizza! 

The first few steps are the same.  Defrost the dough

roll it out

coat in olive oil, THEN place the dough on the grill

after about 2 or 3 minutes (or until the dough is cooked on one side) , flip the dough and add your toppings

Allow dough to finish cooking and cheese to melt

Viola! Deliciously grilled pizza!


Grady put in a request for rice cereal topped pizza which was denied.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I thought that shirt looked so huge and it totally fits Grady! Isn't that a 12 months? Maybe I need to buy him 18 month sizes next time?
    And the pizza looks wonderful!
    love
    catcat

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the Sam's club dough here too. So easy and yummy. Never tried grilling though. We'll have to try that!

    Hey, Grady doesn't have much longer. The twins love pizza. I just do a little section on the pizza that only has tomato sauce - no cheese. Then tear into tiny little pieces. They gobble it up! They've been eating 'pizza' for about a month now, and it is definitely one of their favorite foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy - Baby sizes vary so much..he can still where some 6 month outfits we have and yet he also fits in 12 months. i just depends on the brand.

    Lisa - Grady really likes his rice cereal, i can't wait to start trying other things.

    ReplyDelete