My grandmother and I share the same birthday. No matter who I am with on that special day I always have her on my mind. I like to think we always celebrate that day together, even when we are apart.
I don't have any spectacular birthday party stories. My birthdays were pretty typical. A small group of friends at Putt Putt or just at my house with various fun activities planned. Since my bday falls at the end of the summer, I usually had a low attendance rate at my parties. Everyone was off on their final vacation before school starts. The last party I had was the summer before 5th grade. Only two people came. After that my oldest sister went off to college so my birthdays were usually spent in the car on the way to Blacksburg or moving someone into their dorm room/apt.
I still have the candle somewhere. I remember laughing a lot about that candle. Only my mom would think to put a Scooby Doo candle on a 16 year-old's cake! I loved it tho.
Just a couple years ago, Taylor got me a full spa day at the Greenbrier. That might have to be my favorite birthday. There is nothing better than being pampered with a soak in the sulfur bath, sweating in a steam room, and an 80 minute massage. Pure heaven. *sigh*

Very neat that you share a bday w/ your grandmother!
ReplyDeleteLove the Scooby Doo candle.
I just ordered a birthday gift for you yesterday - it's being shipped from Hong Kong, so I had to order it very, very early.
Tell Taylor to call Paul pronto to give him suggestions for birthday gifts for me ;-)
Hong Kong? hmmm what could that be....?
ReplyDelete