Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's a sham

Turns out, I know how to sew.  I always like looking at little DIY projects.  I file them somewhere in the back of my brain, thinking I will eventually attempt them.  They usually get forgotten.  I like to look at the design sponge website for neat DIY ideas.  The other day I came across a project to make a pillow sham.  I decided to stop thinking I would actually do these projects and just try it out.  I headed to Joann Fabrics and picked out my pattern. 
After some cutting, pinning and ironing of seams... 

I started to sew

I actually managed to sew in a straight line.  Usually my attempts to use a sewing machine result in very curvy stitches.  This project only took a few hours. 

I am very impressed with the results.  For the full directions of how to make a pillow sham, follow this link: shams

Next project: Duvet cover

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Meredith! I love that fabric :-)
    lovecatcat

    ReplyDelete