Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day: a recap

I meant to write about Father's Day yesterday, but I worked night shift Saturday night.  The fact that I managed to cook dinner and give Taylor his gift was miracle enough.  I arrived home a little after 8am from work yesterday.  I had to stop at the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for dinner.  As soon as I walked in the door, I ran upstairs and retrieved Taylor's Father's day gift. 

This picture was actually taken a week ago at the lake, but I didn't take any photo's yesterday.

Grady picked out some great grilling accessories:  cedar planks, a beer-can chicken rack, and a veggie basket (so you don't loose asparagus thru the grates).  I had bought some salmon at the store so we could make cedar plank salmon for dinner on the grill.  BUT we discovered we were out of propane.  So the salmon and garlic rosemary potatoes were baked in the oven.  Throw in some sauteed green beans and wax beans and our meal was complete. 

Since I worked night shift, I slept the morning away.  Taylor and Grady got to have some quality father/son bonding time.  Overall, I think Taylor's first Father's day was a special one. 

A note to Taylor:  You are an amazing father.  Grady is one lucky kid.  I know you will fill his life with love, adventure and fishing!  Grady and I love you very much. 

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet Father's Day :-) Grady did a jim-dandy job!
    I hate it when the propane tank runs out. They ought to have gauges like gas tanks on cars.
    love
    catcat

    ReplyDelete