Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grady Grabby Hands

Grady is grabbing at everything


Here you see a bowl of mango's.  Your think: 'well he's just interested in the fruit.'  Except he grabs at the bowl when it's empty.  Twists his little body as far as he can in order to reach it.  If I try to turn him so the bowl is out of reach, he just manipulates his torso so he can reach.  You may be thinking, this isn't a big deal.  It's just a bowl of fruit.  But it doesn't end there.  Last night I was trying to feed Grady some rice cereal.  He stretched his tiny little hand out and grabbed the bottle with the milk in it and tipped it over and dragged it across the counter.  Feeding is a messy enough time without grabby hands interfering.

Other favorites of Grady's grabby hands...

My water bottle - If I'm holding him and try to take a drink of water his hands are there to smack the bottle.
Coffee mug - I have to be very careful with the hot beverages. 
The remote - I once put Grady on the floor with two toys and the remote in front of him.  Wouldn't you guess he'd go for the remote first? 
My Hair - O-U-C-H

My personal favorite:

Sitting right above Grady's head on the diaper changing table is a small tube of desitine.  As soon as I place him on the table, his back arches, he twists, reaches both hands above his head.  Streeeeeeetch!! He cant' reach it.  He tries again and again and again.  This makes diaper changing rather difficult.

3 comments:

  1. Why do you have so many mango?

    ReplyDelete
  2. because i bought them at Sams and you aren't allowed to buy just one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to make black bean mango salad :-)
    Grady is tooooooo cute!
    lovecatcat

    ReplyDelete