Friday, June 4, 2010

Memory Lane Friday: Favorite Movie

Memory Lane Friday is a weekly posting about the past, hosted by my sister-in-law, Lisa.  To read about other's favorite movies, click on the Memory Lane Friday button.  It will take you to Lisa's blog.


I used to have the cassette and read along book to The Rescuers.  Remember cassette tapes?

I rarely looked at the book, but I listened to the tape all the time.  On my walkman, in the car, before bed, whenever I had free time.  I pretty much had the whole thing memorized.  I had no clue it was a movie!  In fact, I never even saw the movie until I was in highschool.  The cassette is an abridged version so there were some new scenes in the movie I was unfamiliar with.  I still prefer the cassette to the actual movie.  However, when the movie was released from Disney's Vault, I made sure to snatch up a copy of this childhood favorite. 

I think it has great potential to be Grady's favorite too.  I just hope he wont critisize the cartoon quality, since the movie is from the 70's.

3 comments:

  1. LOL that you had the tape and didn't know about the movie! We have the Rescuers here too, only we're old school and have it on VHS. Grady is already technologically ahead of his cousins...we live in the dark ages here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little we had the rescuers record. I didn't realize we had the tape! I think the record came with a book so I kind of got to visualize it. I remember the first time I watched the movie it seemed so long because I was used to the record version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I remember the book. but i never followed it. I didn't know we had the record. Wonder why we had BOTH the record and the cassette?

    ReplyDelete