Saturday, June 26, 2010

going bananas

Grady has been eating rice cereal for several weeks.  I mix about 1 tablespoon with formula once a day.  I'm mainly doing this to get him used to eating off a spoon, not for any nutritional benefit.  Nutritionally he doesn't need anything other than formula until he's six months old.  Some days Grady gets really excited about his rice cereal, but lately he's lost interest.  He sort of looks at the spoon like it's carrying the bubonic plague.  When I finally get him to eat a spoonful, he makes a face.  I imagine he's thinking "that stuff tastes like crap, stop feeding it to me."  I wanted to wait to introduce anything else until he was 6 months old, but since the rice cereal isn't going very well, I decided to give bananas a try.

I mushed up a banana and added a tad of formula to thin it out a bit.  The bananas went over a little better than the cereal, but still, Grady was unimpressed.  So frustrating!  Then I tried these little cracker things Lisa gave me

Their called Baby Mum Mum.  Grady LOVED them. 

It's a nice big cracker that just dissolves in his mouth.

 He scarfed one down after his attempt at lunch.

Side Note: Happy Birthday Aunt Lisa!
Love, Grady

1 comment:

  1. Tooooo cute! Always makes me smile to see a Grady picture :-)
    lovecatcat

    ReplyDelete