Thursday, July 1, 2010

Training Day

My parents are visiting for a week while Taylor is off fishing in northern Maine.  They are helping me while he is gone.  Since I will still be going to work, I need to do some baby sitting training.  First step...

Feeding Grady.  I know, it's not rocket science.  My parents had three children, they know a thing or two about babies.  But it's been 25 years since they had a baby in the house.  I thought a refresher course was in order.  I showed my mom how to mix the formula and shake it vigorously.  Then I let her feed the little guy.

I think she did a pretty good job.

Next we will have a lesson in bedtime routine and nap time.  She may also require a refresher course in diapering.  My mom had all girls so I'll have to show her how to prevent getting hit with surprise urine streams!

You may note that I have a new photo up.  Taylor gave me a digital video camera for Christmas which also takes pictures.  I will have to use this until I buy my new camera.  Luckily, my photographer dad is giving me lots of advice on which camera to buy.  I hope to get it soon!!

2 comments:

  1. I guess our guys are cruising through New York right about now. Miss them already. So glad you have your folks to make your week speed by. I love that picture of Grady and your mom.
    What kind of camera are you thinking of getting? Can't wait to see more pictures of Grady.
    love
    catcat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of getting the Nikon D3000, now that my camera works again, I will probably wait on getting a new camera...but I will hopefully get it soon.

    ReplyDelete