Sunday, July 4, 2010

A hairy situation

It has taken me several months to come to the decision to cut my hair.  For starters, I don't have a lot of people supporting the short hair style.  Taylor likes it long and I'm pretty sure Grady prefers it long too.  He likes to grab fist fulls of hair and munch on it.  This is a prime example of why I wanted to cut my hair.  When I told my mom my plans she said "nooooo don't cut your hair."

Before...
I have donated my hair twice in the past.  I finally decided to take the plunge yesterday.  The woman at the hair cuttery said they changed the length requirement from 10 inches to 6 inches.  I don't know if I believe her, because I've checked the Locks of Love website within the past few weeks and it still says 10 inches.  I went ahead and told them to take the full 10. 

My hair was soooo long!

The new style! I have to say, I like my hair long....but this is great!  I've spent the last 5 months with my hair in a bun.  I can finally leave it down.  Taylor doesn't know about the hair cut yet.  I'm excited to surprise him when he returns home from his fishing trip.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!
    lovecatcat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good! I have to say - there are definitely benefits to short hair during the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, short hair is so nice right now with this heat, i just have to get used to using less shampoo. I keep squeezing a big blob in my hand then realizing i dont have that much hair anymore! :-D

    ReplyDelete