Friday, July 9, 2010

Memory Lane Friday - A Game

Memory Lane Friday is a weekly blog carnival designed to share things about the past.  Click on the button below to read other blogger's memories.


I don't remember the name of this game, but it involved a koosh ball.
We played it in our basement.  There were two teams, each team had two members and two koosh balls (sometimes we used tennis balls).  Each team had to hide their koosh balls in their home fort and protect them from the other team.  One 'home fort' was typically in the laundry room and the other was in my dad's office.  The object was to capture the other teams koosh balls without getting caught.  If you got caught, you had to sit in 'jail.'  I'm pretty sure there was also a safe area where you couldn't be tagged.  The best tactic was to tag the other team and put them both in jail, then go find their koosh balls.  I don't remember if there was a time limit to how long they had to sit in jail or not.  The details of this game are a little fuzzy.  I just remember it being a lot of fun!

I asked my sister, Emily, if she remembered this game.  She doesn't;  Neither does my mom.  I wonder if my other sister remembers.  If she doesn't, I'm going to start thinking this was a recurring dream I had as a child.

2 comments:

  1. I just knew there was some really good reason for the existence of koosh balls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an example of how something important to a child is easily forgotten by a teenager or mom who is just playing to entertain the kid. I'm sure your memory is correct. It was a highlight to you and just another game to the olders.
    lovecatcat

    ReplyDelete