Thursday, July 15, 2010

6 months!

Grady is 6 months old today.  I can't believe it.  He's growing up so fast.  Since he has reached such a major milestone I'm going to recap some of his development.  He's rolling around like a champ.  This is his primary way of getting around.  He will roll from one side of the room to the other, picking up toys along the way. 

Grady has also been practicing his sitting lately.  He's getting pretty good at it.  He used to topple over almost immediately after I sat him up.  Now, he is able to sit for several minutes before he looses his balance. 



I've noticed something else in the past few weeks.  Grady has a toy that hooks to his car seat to keep him entertained while in the car.


When I first attached it he enjoyed looking at it. He would spin the frog and the turtle around.  I noticed one day that by pressing the frog's eyes, music will play.  I remember thinking there was no way a baby could figure this out.  Even I didn't notice it at first.  But then one day, I heard the frog play a song.  At that point, I think it was just chance that Grady hit the eyes.  Every once in a while I'd hear the song play, once again thinking he just lucked into it.  Then, he started doing it more often.  Now our car rides are filled with this frogs little jingles.  It cycles through five songs.  Most of the time Grady doesn't wait for one song to end before hitting the eyes again.  I hear the first few notes before the tune changes.  It would be mean to take this entertainment away from him right?  Maybe I'll just turn the radio up to drowned out the frog...

Happy Six Months Grady!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 months! I can't believe he's sitting. All my boys were lazy sitters. Cort and Reid both crawled before finally sitting at almost 9 months! And Pierce didn't sit until 8 months. Weirdo kids. Go Grady ;-)

    ReplyDelete