I had my number one fan cheering for me on the side line.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Kiwanis 5K Run
If you remember about a month ago I wrote a post about how much I dislike running. My sister told me that she would run a race with me to motivate my fitness. We decided to start slow and run a 5K. I had three weeks to get up to running that distance, which was plenty of time. I ran the race with both my sisters and my brother-in-law. It was a nice race, some hills but not to bad. After the first tenth of a mile, I was struck with a side cramp that would.not.go.away. I suffered through that. I averaged a 10 minute mile on the first two miles. Then I started to slow on the final mile. The cramp was getting the best of me. I finished in under 35 minutes, which was my goal. I am definitely not a fast runner. I also did all my training indoors on a treadmill which doesn't exactly prepare you for hills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations Meredith. You are doing a great job of getting in shape. I love your #1 fan :-)
ReplyDeletecatcat
Yay, great job!! I ran a 5K this morning too. Only I have no idea what my time was because they didn't have a clock, lol!
ReplyDelete