I love working part time. I get to spend my days looking at this adorable face.
Right now, I'm working 20 hours a week. In order to get these hours I work every other weekend plus one dreaded night shift during the week. Ahh, the night shift....
I typically lay down for a few hours before work at 11:00pm. I return home around 7:45am just as Grady is waking up and having his morning bottle. Then I'm awake all day until Taylor gets home. This is where coffee becomes my savior! The zombie inside me stays latent as long as I have a big mug of black coffee in hand. I usually get to take about an hour nap with Grady in the morning but that's all the sleep I get for two days. It's rough.
Recently I've decided to revisit my work schedule. Maybe working every weekend wouldn't be so bad. So what if I never get to see anyone. Who needs weekend getaways? Isn't sleep more important?
*sigh* decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll start playing the lotto...1 in 600,000,000 are pretty good odds :-p

That is an adorable face - can't wait to meet
ReplyDeleteGrady in person. At least we can watch him grow on your blog.
Love, Grady's Great Aunt Pam
Sleep is very important. Just ask any insomniac :-)
ReplyDeleteYou need to take care of yourself. I vote for whatever gives you the healthiest scenario.
That picture of Grady is too cute!
love
catcat
why don't you work two 7 to 11:30's two nights a week instead of one night shift? then keep your every other weekend.
ReplyDelete-julia
because for some reason they don't schedule me for those. but that would be ideal!
ReplyDeletetrust me you want to keep your weekends as much as possible you'll get burned out otherwise. what you need to do is drug grady during the day with baby nyquil or something so he naps longer :P (i'm kidding) i am very impressed with your ability to juggle work and Grady -- Katie
ReplyDelete