Monday, May 10, 2010

my two front teeth

I noticed on Friday that Grady has two little teeth popping through his lower gums.  He has been drooling an awful lot lately but I figured it was too early for teeth.  I guess I was wrong.  Grady hasn't been fussy or uncomfortable from his teething...until today.  I really should have named him Oscar...the grouch that is. 

I tried all sorts of things to make him happy. 
A nap.  That lasted 20 minutes! 

Sure, he looks pretty content here but this was after my next attempt at pleasing the boy...

 I thought he might be in some pain, so I tried a little Tylenol.  That didn't go over so well.  It must taste bad, because Grady really started to scream once I gave him a swallow.  But after about 20 minutes he settled down.  (That's when I snapped the above photo).  It didn't last long, tho.

He was pretty happy as long as I didn't put him down.  The thing is, Grady is larger than your average baby.  My back and arms start to hurt after carrying him around for 30 minutes.  However, as soon as I put him down, the lower lip curls out and the grouch is back.

  Poor guy. 
He has such a hard life.


Grady's teeth are still very small and barely visible.  I'm looking forward to when he can give me a big toothy grin!
 

2 comments:

  1. Grady is too cute!!! Usually when the tooth cracks the surface, the fussiness is over. Could he be getting a third tooth somewhere? Check his upper gums for a hard white area or run your finger over it and see if you can feel one under there. Homeopathic teething remedies work better than tylenol, I think.
    love
    catcat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you done the orajel? The girls always loved the cherry flavored one that you rub on their gums and helps numb it... also they had this rubber duck teething thing that was filled with water and we'd put it in the fridge so it was cold then they'd chew on it forever. -- Katie

    ReplyDelete