Is it too early to make presumptions on Grady's future career? If I had to guess, I think he will become a ceramics artist.
Let me elaborate. Several times a day I will carry Grady into the bathroom so he can look at himself in the mirror. But I've noticed he doesn't immediately glance at his refection. Instead his eyes rest upon this.
Taylor and I bought this ceramic tile on our honeymoon in St. John. We walked past the artists studio everyday on our way into town. Maybe Grady knows this piece of art has significance to his parents relationship. Or maybe it's just pretty to look at. My guess is the latter.
Now instead of taking Grady to look as his refection, I take him to look at this tile.
He's so distracted by it. He reaches out to touch it. Stares at it.
contemplates the brush strokes, shading, and use of color.
If ceramics doesn't work out, maybe there could be a future as an art critic!
I suspect that's really Grady's way of saying I WANNA GO ON VACATION YO! ;-)
ReplyDelete