Last November, at my baby shower, my mother-in-law gave me two gift certificates for a nail salon near my house. I used the first one while I was still pregnant. But I've been avoiding the place since my last visit. Most nail salons are run by Asian families and this place is no exception. They do a great job with manicures and pedicures, however, I have a hard time understanding them when they talk to me. During my last visit I got a pedicure, and the woman doing the pedicure asked me a question. I don't recall what I
thought she said, but my response was 'no.' A few minutes later, after trying to figure out what she had asked, it dawned on my that her question was "does it feel good." I pretty much told this woman that she was giving a crappy pedicure. [insert embarrassed face]. I spent the rest of the time telling her how wonderful she was and that my feet felt great! I also may have given her a hefty tip.
Why am I telling this embarrassing tale?
After spending a few days 'roughing it' in the woods, I decided I deserved a little pampering. With my second gift card in hand, I returned to the dreaded nail salon. Luckily, the woman I had insulted the last time, wasn't working that day. I decided to get the White Tea Pedicure. This includes a white tea sugar scrub, white tea moisture mask, white tea lotion therapy and hot towel wrap. I also received a paraffin treatment, which is a fancy way of saying 'okay, now we are going to dip your foot in some scalding hot wax a few times.' It only hurts briefly, and the result is super soft feet. Once again I was asked "does it feel good;" this time I responded appropriately "yes, it does." I usually pick out bold nail colors like dark red or purple. But I decided to go a little more neutral this time.
BORING! I think I'll stick with my fun dark colors from now on.
And now for a Grady update: 4 month check up was Monday. He now weighs 16 lbs 11 oz. and is 26 inches long. He's in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. The doctor said I could start trying solids (rice cereal) if I want but there was no rush. He also said we should start getting Grady used to going to sleep on his own instead of being rocked to sleep. HA! That should be a fun experiment. :-)
Wow, I've never had a white tea pedicure!
ReplyDeleteCome on Grady, work on that extra 10% in size ;-) You can do it!
I want to rock Grady to sleep.
ReplyDeletelove
catcat