I am working night shift this weekend. Both Friday and Saturday night. On Saturday while I slept all day, Taylor and Grady went fishing at Chris Greene Lake. Grady has requested to write this post since it's about his day with his Dad. The following story is written first hand by Grady:
I was standing in my exer-saucer minding my own business when my favorite parent (Dad) approached me and said "Maybe you should stop goofing off and do something constructive with your time". So I responded "Okay big shot, why don't you take me fishing."

My Dad reluctantly agreed to fish and next thing I knew, we were in the car and heading to Chris Greene Lake. We listened to the Police Greatest Hits CD during our 3 minute journey to the municipal pond. When we arrived my Dad strung his trusty 6-weight fly rod and latched my car seat into its corresponding stroller. Unfortunately, the stroller has its shortcomings. You are far from the action, and your only entertainment is to hope that a bird may fly across the sky in front of you. In an effort to get out of the stroller, I started to scream and yell. Fortunately, my tactic paid off and I was placed in the Baby Bjorn. This enabled me to grab fly line and assist with tying knots and releasing fish.

Here's my prize catch of the day (to the right). I think I must be my Dad's good luck charm. At the most I have spent 2 hours of my life fishing with my Dad, and during that time he has caught bass, blue gill, and a magnificent trout. Maybe in a few years I can convince him to take me to Clear Lake in Maine. I am sure it would help him to land a gigantic Lake Trout.

Clear Lake aside, I was having an excellent time catching fish when it started to rain. I have no problem with the rain, but my Dad was being a Nancy-Boy and decided we should go home. The next thing I knew, I was out of the Bjorn and back into my luxurious Rav-4. The three minute drive was enough to put me into a Rip Van Winkle-esque sleep. I love fishing, and I think that my Dad should take me more often.
This is hilarious! Way to go, Grady! Next up-golfing and baseball :-)
ReplyDeletelove
catcat
I should let Taylor write a blog post more often...he's tells a good story!
ReplyDeleteYeah, when I saw "Nancy-Boy", I knew it had to be Ta.
ReplyDeleteAlso the Clear Lake blurb :-)gave it away.
catcat
Could I please get an emailed copy of the picture of Ta and Grady and their hotshot fishin' pole?
ReplyDeletecat
Very clever Taylor I enjoyed the story and the pictures-- Katie
ReplyDelete