Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's Day

Yesterday, I was all ready to complain in my blog about how crummy my first mother's was.  I was scheduled to work a 12 hour day shift (7am to 7:30pm).  This means I would leave for work right as Grady is waking up and get home right as Grady is going to bed.  BUT!  We only have 8 patients at work and we decided yesterday that the unit could operate with only two nurses (although it's pretty busy).  I was able to leave work at 3:30pm today so I could spend some of my day with Grady! 

This morning, before I left for work, Grady gave me a Mother's Day gift and card.
A couple of days ago I received a card from my parents.  My dad never likes cards the way they are made.  He likes to add his own embellishments...


On my way home from work I decided to stop at Babies R Us and buy a new toy for Grady.  He LOVES i!

My first mother's day has turned out to be pretty good.

I was inspired to make a tribute to my own mother on this special day after reading my sister-in-law, Lisa's, blog.  

  
This is me and my mom on my first birthday. 
My mom is my best friend.  Before Grady was born, I called her almost everyday.  (I still call her at least twice a week).  When I was in college, we exchanged emails regularly.  She has always been there for me, whether it's to give me advice or just to listen.  Growing up,  she drove me to dance lessons, piano lessons, and tennis lessons.  She helped me with my homework, read to me, and loved me unconditionally.  I strive every day to be as good of a mother as she is.  
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I adore the picture of Grady in his new jumperoo! Do you think you could email it to me?
    loveyou
    catcat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to sneak in some Grady time after all. Love your 1st bday pic with your mom :-)

    ReplyDelete