Sunday morning we found Grady sound asleep on this stomach. Apparently he figured out how to roll the other direction. Ordinarily this would be great! The problem is, Grady tends to roll over to his stomach while he's sleeping, then he gets stuck laying on his arm, wakes up and gets mad. Last night I heard him fussing at 11:30pm. I went into his room, found him on his belly and rolled him back over to his back. What does he do as soon as I start walking out of the room? ROLL! On his stomach again and fussing. Finally I get his to take his pacifier and go to sleep on his back.
3:30am: Grady is back on his stomach and MAD! I try to just roll him back over and give him the pacifier again. This time it doesn't work. He's really worked himself into a tizzy. We decided he might be thirsty after spending some time outside in the heat on Sunday. Grady gets a bottle and we put him back in bed. I check on him several times until around 4:30 to make sure he doesn't roll onto his belly. Thankfully he slept well until 7. As he's waking up, he starts rolling onto his belly again!
Why not just pull his arm out so he isn't sleeping on it and let him stay on his tummy. You might have to turn his head to the side. Hopefully, he will get the idea. They really do sleep longer and better on their stomachs. At least, my kids always did. If he isn't on his arm, he will be able to push up and roll the other way.
ReplyDeletelove
catcat