Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We were blessed with such beautiful weather Monday morning.  The forecast was calling for rain in the afternoon, so I was pretty surprised when I opened the back door around 10am and felt the 70* temperatures.  I immediately threw on my running clothes and shoes and strapped Grady into the new BOB stroller.  


I had a few set backs once I reached this point.  I noticed one of the tires was low on air.  Last week we ended up with two flats after taking Grady Frisbee golfing.  The course is covered in thorns.  We replaced the two flats, but then we returned to the frisbee golf course on Sunday.  I pumped the tired up and waited a few minutes.  The tire was still inflated and I couldn't hear any air leaking.

At this point I picked up my Ipod and tried to turn it on.  The battery was dead.  This wouldn't be that big of a deal, except I have been following a 5K training pod cast to help me get back into running shape.  The pod cast instructs me when to run, when to walk, and gives helpful motivation.  Each week the running intervals increase and the walking intervals decrease.  I didn't want to wait for my Ipod to charge, so I brought my cell phone, which has a stop-watch, and timed the intervals myself.

Finally, I got out of the garage.  I ran through the neighborhood next to ours.  They have paved sidewalks that were easy to maneuver the stroller on.  I was very pleased with the BOB stroller.  I'm starting to wonder why we didn't get one sooner! 



Once we returned home, Grady and I played out in the yard for about five minutes before it started raining.  I guess I planned that perfectly!


2 comments:

  1. How does Grady like training for a 5K?
    He looks HUGE in that Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He doesn't seem to mind it. He looks a little bored in that photo tho. Since I'm behind him the whole time it's hard to know if he's enjoying himself. He didn't complain at least.

    ReplyDelete