I've mentioned before that Grady is a picky eater. When there is something in front of him he does not want to eat, he drops it on the floor. Lately, he's been flinging food across the room. This isn't such a big deal when he's eating a peanut butter sandwich, but the marinara covered chicken parmesan tested my nerves. The smile he flashes as he holds his little food filled fist out to the side of his tray, daring me to react, does make the whole situation humorous. Then I have to remind myself NOT to laugh because we don't want to make this a fun game! Sometimes I think the reason the mess bothers me so much is less related to the food covered floor and more because I simply wish Grady would eat the food I gave him.
Spaghetti is a food that Grady used to love a few months ago, but suddenly decided he preferred throwing it on the floor to eating it. But, I had some leftover so I decided to try it out. Spaghetti smothered in marinara sauce was a hug, messy hit.
Grady was covered from head to toe in sauce. I found myself fighting the urge to wipe his hands and face halfway through his meal! At least he ate a ton of spaghetti, and that's really all that matters.
Grady also has a tendency to rub his hands in his hair while he's eating.
Who knew that peach juice works just as well as hair gel?
On a side note: Do you have any idea how difficult it is to take a profile photo of a toddler? Grady kept looking straight at the camera!
Grady is completely enchanting :-)
ReplyDelete