I used to watch this 1947 classic starring Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed every Thanksgiving. It came on TV right after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (before they filled that time spot with the Westminster Dog Show). Now I own the DVD and watch it on my own time. I only have 7 more days to watch it before Christmas this year....I guess I better get on that!
In recent years, my favorite holiday movie (and fav all time movie) is Love, Actually. I saw it in the theater my sophomore year in college. At the time, I was emotionally rocky. To be honest, I don't remember what was going on in my life( boy troubles? maybe friend troubles?), I just remember feeling a little hopeless when I went to see this film. This movie completely changed my mood. It's filled with hope and laughter (as well as some sadness). As the catch phrase from the movie says "Love, actually is all around"
As a warning: this isn't a holiday movie for the kiddies. But, it's one I love and will watch every year (after Grady goes to bed).
As a warning: this isn't a holiday movie for the kiddies. But, it's one I love and will watch every year (after Grady goes to bed).


I'm not sure that I've ever seen It's a Wonderful Life all the way through, although I've certainly seen parts of it. One of these days!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen Love Actually.
ReplyDeletecatcat