I've had a cold the past few days. It's not too severe, but I've had to blow my nose frequently during the day. I've been using hand sanitizer regularly to keep from spreading my germs to Grady. But, no matter how diligent I was being, Grady caught my virus.
Last night was a typical night. Taylor put the little guy to bed without to much difficulty, but within an hour of drifting off to dream land, Grady woke up crying. I went up to check on him and he was standing at the end of his crib. Crying and coughing. I picked him up to rock him back to sleep. He usually stops crying as soon as you pick him up, but this time, the sobs continued....for 45 minutes. He would start to settle down, then he'd cough again and the water works returned. Finally, around 9:15, I was able to rock him back to sleep. I laid him down in his crib, hoping he would sleep well (not that he's been sleeping well lately, even when healthy, but that's another story). A few hours later, we were jolted awake by a crying baby, then second time a few hours after that. It was clear we weren't going to have a good nights rest. We were probably awake more than asleep last night.
This morning, Grady seemed in good spirits, despite the runny nose and watery eyes. I decided to let him watch some cartoons. On the rare occasions I do this, Grady will pay attention for about 3 minutes then precede to play with his toys or climb all over me. Today, Grady actually laid down on the floor with his blanket and watched Sesame Street. The poor boy looks pitiful.
Poor Grady. Wish I could wrap my arms around him.
ReplyDeletelovecatcat