Saturday, December 18, 2010

Grady's cold hasn't improved much.  He's a watery eyed, runny nose mess.  There is a constant stream of gunk flowing from his nostrals inhibiting his ability to breathe.  He has resorted to breathing through his mouth, which causes him to drool continuously.  I have to keep a bib on him at all times so he doesn't soak through five shirts a day.

Grady's appetite has suffered in the past few days.  He is drinking really well but his solid intake is minimal.  He usually picks up whatever food I offer him and drops in on the floor.  Up until yesterday he would eat mushy foods like bananas and his new favorite food...



no, my son hasn't turned into a vampire (Team Edward!)  Like Dwight Schrute (from The Office), Grady is a beet lover. 

Unfortunately, Grady's desire to eat even mushy foods has disappeared.  I can only get him to eat crackers and a few cherrios.  At least he's drinking fluids.  I'm hopeful that he will feel better soon...and I will finally get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment