I was surprised when Taylor came home from work yesterday and said "Did I tell you I saw a wizard this week." I responded, "a Harry Potter wizard?"
Taylor clarified that his wizard was similar to Gandalf the grey.
He described this wizard as wearing brown robes with a rope belt and carrying a staff.
Suddenly it occurred to me that I had seen this so called wizard at the beginning of the week. He was walking along 29 North shaking his staff and appeared to be repeating incantations of some sort. I assumed he was a monk. Taylor insisted he was a wizard.
I decided to do some research. I googled "monk sightings in Charlottesville" and discovered this.
"The Friar Sightings map shows the projected 300-mile walking path from Roanoke, Va., to Washington, D.C. Follow the friar icon to see where they stop along the way. Our pilgrims appreciate your prayers! They expect to reach their destination the week of July 27"
I think I have identified our mystery 'wizard.' According to the website I found, the Friars should have made it to D.C. by the end of July. The map above shows the path they took; once they reach Charlottesville, they turn west and meet up with the Appalachian Trail then continue north again. Maybe our "wizard" was a bit of a straggler who didn't quite know the appropriate path to take.
Or maybe, just maybe, he really is a wizard. Protecting the Commonwealth of Virginia from the dragons, orks, and he-who-must-not-be-named.



No comments:
Post a Comment