Sunday, August 22, 2010

Better than what?

One of my favorite websites to look at when I have nothing to do, is Food Gawker.  It's filled with pictures of deliciously food from various food blogs.  I'm not sure how the website works.  Maybe if you have a food blog you can link up to this site in order to get more followers.  But that's unimportant.  What IS important is the recipe I stumbled across.  The picture of chocolaty goodness jumped off the page at me.  Of course, I immediately clicked on it to find out how to make these "Better-Than-Crack Brownies."  With a name like that, they have to be good.

The Recipe:

1 batch brownies (boxed mix or homemade)
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1 cup chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.

While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chops, peanut butter and butter.  Stir in cereal.  Remove brownies from oven and evenly poor chocolate mixture over top

Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

I got this recipe from www.howsweeteats.com.

The Brownies:



I brought these brownies to Taylor's family reunion this weekend.   They were a huge hit.

Are they really better than crack?  I don't know, but they were certainly the best brownies I've ever had.  Too bad Taylor is allergic to peanuts.  More for the rest of us, I guess!

3 comments:

  1. You made a dessert that Taylor can't eat!! How could you? However, they do look good. I especially go for the cereal mixture topping; remember rice krispie treats were my specialty!
    XXXOOO, Mommy/Grammommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Marion Barry would like these brownies.

    ReplyDelete