Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adventures of a baby in a backpack

Yesterday was the perfect day for a hike.  Taylor scouted out a trail and I approved once I heard it was an easy to moderate hike and only 3.5 miles long.  We headed up to the Shenandoah National Park and parked at the trail head.  Grady was unsure of the backpack.  He had a concerned look on his face, which quickly transformed into giggles as soon as Taylor hoisted him onto his back. 


This may have been an easy to moderate hike for adults, but for babies, it was pretty strenuous.  About thirty minutes into the climb, Grady's head started to bob.  It took him a few minutes to find a comfortable position.  He finally decided on this one...


Grady missed the main attraction


To be honest, I was a little disappointed in the South River Falls.  If you look closely, you might be able to see a little trickle of water behind me.

After a little while, Grady must have developed a stiff neck, because he changed positions.


He got a good hour long nap in on our hike.  He woke up for the last 20-30 minutes. 


He was quite chipper upon waking.  He didn't even care that he had sheet face (You know, when you wake up in the morning after a deep sleep and you have the wrinkles from the sheet imprinted on you body).  I guess in Grady's case it was backpack face.

Now that Grady is big enough to fit in his backpack, I have a feeling Taylor is going to make me do a lot more hiking.  I haven't decided how I feel about that yet. :-p

1 comment:

  1. What a great backpack! I especially love the teddy bear compartment.
    love
    catcat

    ReplyDelete