Friday, August 6, 2010
Memory Lane Friday: It was my friends idea
I was home for winter break my freshman year in college. We were still living in Iowa and I spent almost every minute of my time with my best friend from high school. I'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying her name, and if you know me, you probably know who I'm talking about. But for the purpose of this post I will refer to her as K.
One night K and I were hanging out at a friend of ours house. We were playing Euchre, boys against girls. Euchre is played with two teams, two people per team. I don't remember who we were playing against but K decided to up the stakes. She decided whoever lost the game would have to run around the outside of the house barefoot after being doused with water. I have no idea why I agreed to this. We were terrible at Euchre. I'm pretty sure we had lost several games before this bet was made. Needless to say, K and I lost. Outside we went in bare feet and gym shorts. I probably don't have to state the obvious here. It was December, in Iowa, at night. It was cold!
After getting my cold water shower, I took off. I ran as fast as possible so I could return to the warmth inside the house. Toward the end of my run, I could barely feel my feet. The things we do as teenagers....
This was not the first or the last crazy idea K came up with. But at least she has made my life an adventure. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOL! What a random thing to have to do. Well, I guess you can be thankful you got to keep your clothes on ;-)
ReplyDeleteHaving spent a number of winters in the midwest, I can totally understand how cold you must've been!
ReplyDeleteI just re-read this for the second time and I have to say your friend K has some interesting ideas :) you must admit they seem memorable - Katie
ReplyDelete