The experts say that a child starts to develop an attachment to a certain object (stuffed animal, blanket, etc) around 7-9 months of age. Naturally, as a parent, I was worried when this age came and went and Grady was still showing no signs of being attached to anything beside myself and his father. I encouraged him to play with different stuffed animals, but he never paid them much attention.
Sometime in the month of October, I started covering Grady with a light crocheted blanket at night. It was getting colder at night so I thought he might need some extra warmth. Of course, the blanket rarely stayed on him longer than an hour or so. But, with each night he spent with his blanket, he slowly became attached. Now, when we put Grady to bed, he immediately finds his blanket in the crib and curls up on top of it. Sometimes he brings it with him when he wakes up.
He put it in his mouth while stacking blocks...
He loves playing peek-a-boo
or just putting it over his head and trying to walk...
Grady sleeps every night and takes every nap with his blanket. I would hate to think what would happen if we didn't have it one day! A special thanks to Taylor's Aunt Carolyn who crocheted this blanket for Grady.
Since attaching to his blanket, Grady has shown attachments to other things as well. He has a few stuffed animals that stay in his crib that he's become quite fond of. Particularly Pooh Bear.
smoooch
Sending this to Carolyn who will be thrilled out of her mind :-)
ReplyDeletelove
catcat
I'm honored and delighted beyond words to see Grady loving his blankie! It was crocheted with love in every stitch, believe me. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove U all!
Carolyn
Whenever you need a new one or even a spare one, just let me know!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Carolyn
Oooooo, chip off the ol' block. You had not one, but two "loveys." One for the washing machine when the other was being used. Then you got Roderick Malcolm and the blankets were history. So cute Grady has Pooh Bear in his car! Grandmom
ReplyDelete