I came across this recipe when I was a nursing assistant. One of the nurses I was working with brought in the salad with several copies of the recipe to share. The salad was so good, I had to take one with me. I have gotten many complements each time I make it.
Dressing: Combine all ingredients
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar warmed
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon dry minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1&1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
This makes a ton of dressing. I always have half of it left over. To save some ingredients you could probably halve the dressing recipe.
Mix together; then set aside until you serve
4 granny smith apples - peeled and cubed small
1 bag craisins
8 oz - swiss cheese - grated
1/2 of the dressing (or all the dressing if you cut the ingredients in half)
Mix together in a large salad bowl:
1 bag baby spinach
1 bag romaine lettuce
1/4 cup cashew halves
Mix all ingredients and serve
Cool photo. Nicely composed arrangement of ingredients. I like it. Recipe looks yummy too. Mommy
ReplyDeleteOh man!!!! I made this salad for dinner tonight. I halved the recipe and it still made enough for 2 people for 2 nights. Perfection!!!!! This will be my new dish for all church potlucks and the whole congregation will think I am a cooking genius. Thanks for sharing this :-)
ReplyDelete