I've had a few complaints that I haven't been updating my blog in the past few days (weeks?). All from my mother, who doesn't check everyday, so I know i'm behind! I don't really have any excuse. I just haven't felt any inspiration...plus my SD card is full so I haven't been able to take any pictures. Here is a photo taken a few weeks ago of Grady with one of his beloved books.
Have I mentioned Grady's love (obsession) of books? We usually keep his books in his room to be read before nap time and bed time. We also hand him a book during diaper changes to keep him from wiggling. Toys don't keep him occupied enough to keep him from squirming away, but he will flip through the pages of a book. Then we have to pry the book from his fingers when we are done with the wardrobe change.
Sometimes we let him bring the book downstairs with him, but we immediately regret this. If there is a book in the family room, Grady completely ignores all his toys and repeatedly plops his book in our lap to be read. I know I should be grateful that he is so interested in books, but after reading Goodnight Moon for the 50th time in one hour, I start scoping out good hiding places. I know, I'm a terrible parent. I hide books from my child, but it's for my own sanity. Anyway, he still gets read to, just not every second of every day.
The twins are really into books too. They really like the ones that have different animal pictures. They call all the animals dogs but Reid does do a horse noise on the horse page.
ReplyDeleteGrady's dad was exactly the same way with books. I loved to sit and read all day long. Got me out of tons of housework :-)
ReplyDelete