Thursday, February 24, 2011

Adventures of a 29 year old...and his family

Taylor's company has a policy giving their employees their birthday off each year.  We celebrated Taylor's 29th birthday by doing whatever he wanted.  This was great for me because I absolutely hate making decisions, so when Taylor asked what I wanted to do, I said "it's up to you, it's your birthday!"

We ended up going to Richmond in the morning.  We have been eyeing a BOB stroller for a little while, so we went to REI to check them out.  Turns out there was a clearance on the 2010 models so we snatched one up!  Next, we headed to Short Pump for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. Yum. Right next door to CPK was Dicks Sporting Goods so we ventured there to purchase a few items for our next birthday activity.

We returned home to Charlottesville and headed north a few miles to the Frisbee Golf course in Greene County.  Equipped with our new rugged stroller, a down blanket for warmth and my new Frisbees we teed off at the first hole.


I wasn't very good at Frisbee Golf.  My Frisbees kept hooking left.  I definitely need more practice.  


Grady was an excellent caddy.


and he stayed toasty warm under his down throw.


Taylor was better than me, but overall, I'd say neither one of us would qualify for the Olympic team...not that this is ever going to be an Olympic sport.

I think Taylor had an excellent birthday.  Grady and I had fun too. :-)

3 comments:

  1. love the new bob and how cute The Caddy looks under his blankie! What a fun birthday. One of my favorite memories is actually Taylor's 18th birthday. He played hookie from school and we went hiking in Shenandoah National Park. He plans very fun birthdays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the stroller! You will love it. They just recalled Bobs yesterday . But all you have to do is take off the drawstring if you have one on there. No biggie. Ours have the drawstrings, so we'll be taking them off.

    Sounds like a really fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the blog back in action! And A+ for a great description of Taylor and his family's adventures in Richmond. What a neat stroller! Grady looks so comfortable that he's totally content to play caddy instead of Frisbee Golf! Grandmom

    ReplyDelete