Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rhinoceros Virus

Grady has caught the rhinovirus...the common cold.  I must confess, I gave it to him.  It's difficult to prevent the spread germs. 

Grady has stayed in pretty good spirits...as long as he's awake.
He has been waking up frequently at night because he can't breathe.  A few nights ago I resorted to letting him sleep in our bed.  It worked well because I was able to keep him propped up to help him breathe better.  He slept really well...I didn't.  Grady hogs the bed.

Last night we put a few books under his mattress to give the same effect he got from sleeping with us.  We checked on him before we went to bed and he was sleeping with his feet up the slope, head down.  But he slept until 5:30 before he woke up, so I guess it worked.

This is Grady's new best friend.  He prefers to chew on it than use it for its intended purpose. 
I can't even begin to describe the extent of his protest when the bulb syringe comes near his nose.
Poor little baby.  I hope he feels better soon.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Yeah, bulb syringe is not the biggest hit. Although when Pierce got older at some point he came to think it was funny, and would laugh. I think that must've been just before he was old enough to blow his own nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh... I hope he feels better soon too.. nothing more annoying then a sick baby... those syringes are weird I always feel like they are sucking the brain out of my babies... still better then sucking it in

    ReplyDelete