Tuesday, October 19, 2010

bedtime books

This past weekend Taylor and I ventured over to the Green Valley Book fair.  They have tons of new books for cheap.  When I say tons, I mean TONS.  You could easily spend all day there and still not look through everything.  I decided a few weeks ago that, for now, I'm not going to buy myself anymore books.  I have way too many in my personal library.  I need to read the ones I have before I add to them.  So on our trip to the book fair, I was looking for Christmas presents for the family and bedtime books for Grady.

Grady's bedtime 'routine' includes a bath (every other day), reading a bedtime story, a bottle, then going to sleep.  We have a limited number of age appropriate books.  By age appropriate, I mean board books that Grady can't easily destroy.  So this past weekend, I was in search of some indestructible literature.  With such great prices, it was difficult not to buys the whole store.  This is what I came home with...


Piggies - An adorable book about baby fingers and toes
Barnyard Dance - Very clever book about farm animals dancing
One, Two, Three - a great counting book
Sheep Trick or Treat - a fun Halloween book
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - one of my childhood favorites

Grady's favorite bedtime book is Goodnight Moon, but these will serve as great substitutes every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment