in an effort to preserve our (Taylor's) hard work, I got Grady a water table.
He loves it. I usually keep as little clothes as possible on him because he ends up drenched after about 2 seconds.
This doesn't keep him completely off the patio. He has a tendency to take that little red cup (or anything else he has handy) and "water" the plants in the pots. He walks up and down the line, touching his cup to each pot. Sometimes Thomas drives right through the plants.
I have noticed one undisirable side effect from the water table. Mosquitos! Even tho we empty it around 5pm, they still seem to be attracted. So far I have been the only victim, but with at least five itchy red bumps on my legs!
Peppermint essential oil! Put a few drops in the water. Won't hurt Grady and mosquitos won't come near. I have heard lavender essential oil will also work, but have not tried that one.
ReplyDeleteWater table looks very cool :-)
I'm impressed with your garden! What are you growing (besides mosquitoes)? Very "green" of Grady to recycle the water from his table to help out the parched plants! Grandmom
ReplyDelete