Thursday, June 16, 2011

Casual Lunch

I've mentioned many times that Grady is a picky eater.  After his 15 month check up showed him growing in the 75th percentile, I started to relax about his food intake.  So what if he survives on hot dogs and peanut butter sandwiches....at least he drinks his milk (even if I have to flavor it with strawberry syrup from time to time).

A few months ago I discovered he eats better if I don't put him in his high chair.  I just hand him a bite of food when he finishes chewing the last bite.  I know, sign me up for bad parenting 101.  I don't do it every day, but some days, I just can't deal with his entire meal ending up on the floor.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I made Grady a peanut butter sandwich and gave him a few pieces to carry around (one for each hand).  Then he disappeared.  I looked around and found him here: 


lounging in the corner of the kitchen where the coat rack stands.  He pushed the coat rack out of the way so he could fit right in the corner.


I have since found him here several times, playing with toys or just relaxing.  It's funny how kids find the oddest things entertaining and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment