Monday, June 13, 2011

The Little Red Monster

The other day, we were in line at Kroger and Grady pointed at a balloon saying "Elmo."  Taylor and I were both shocked.  I didn't even realize he knew who Elmo was.  We've watch Sesame Street a few times and he has an Elmo book, but it's not a regular read for us.  I guess that little red monster sticks with the toddler memory.  Since the balloon incident, Grady has been saying "Elmo" all.the.time.  I decided it was time to buy him his own Elmo.  

Pure joy lit up Grady's face when his Elmo arrived in the mail.


"ELMO!"


Elmo goes with us everywhere.  Grocery store, frisbee golfing, and of course, to bed.  Grady was so excited about his Elmo that he woke up at 3:30am the first night and stated repeated "Elmo" over and over.  We try to feed Elmo snacks and gave him a bath in the water table once.  (We weren't such a fan of Elmo's after he got wet).  Soggy Elmo isn't very fun.

In an effort to find some Elmo videos to watch, I searched YouTube.  I found a very amusing interview where fans wrote in questions like "what's your favorite color?" (red of course). My favorite questions was:

"How come you never have birthdays and you stay 3 for the rest of your life?"

Elmo's response was "Elmo's birthday is February 3rd, but Elmo just stays 3 and a half all the time, you should be so lucky."  

Taylor and I cracked up!  Silly Elmo.

You can find the full interview with Elmo here

2 comments:

  1. Guess I need to shop for some Elmo videos :-) I have all of them to choose from if he doesn't have any. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twins love Elmo lately too. Something about this age. Elmo is kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete