A few days ago, Grady found one of his old pacifiers. He must have some memory of it because he knew exactly what to do with it. He popped it in his mouth.
Since I'm not used to him having a pacifier in his mouth, he looks pretty funny. He doesn't actually suck on it. He just chewing; using it for teething. He pulled it out of his mouth ever once in a while, then pop it back in.
I told him to smile and he gave me a big grin, pacifier in place.
When Grady went to bed last night I put the pacifier away. Since he never formed an attachment to it before, I'd rather he not form one now. I don't want to have to break the habit later. Still, it's pretty cute to watch him use a pacifier. In a world where he is growing up so fast, it reminds me that he is still just a baby.
Where is Grady's picture with Aunt Julia? Grandmom
ReplyDeletePierce only took a paci for 1 month, then he started sucking his thumb. But I carried one in my purse for ages because it had huge entertainment value in places like restaurants (and is so easily portable)
ReplyDelete