Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blog Neglect

I've been neglecting my blog this week.  I don't really have an excuse other than pure laziness...oh and keeping up with an 8 month old (but that's no excuse).  I don't have any pictures to share today because I'm at work right now.  I plan on heading home at 7:30 and going straight to bed.  I do however have a story to share...

Several months ago I recall reading a post in my sister-in-law's blog about babies developing free will and refusing to cooperate with diaper changes.  I remember thinking: my little angel? he would never put up a fight. 

BOY. WAS. I. WRONG.

Grady now tries to sit up at the start of almost every diaper change.  When I try to stop him, he twists over onto his belly, naked butt sticking up in the air.  Then I flip him back over and the screeching begins.  His little body stiffens like a board, making it almost impossible to get a diaper under him.  He reaches a point when he gives up fighting with his body and he just lays there and screams.  He gets so upset sometimes that it takes him a few minutes to recover once he's fully dressed again.

*sigh*

two more years until potty training.

No comments:

Post a Comment