Thursday, September 9, 2010

Devils Backbone

This past weekend (on Sunday) my sister and brother-in-law came to visit.  They wanted to check out Devils Backbone Brewing Company, located about one hour southwest of us (right at the base of Wintergreen). 


We arrived there around 3pm for a late lunch.  The food was delicious.  Taylor and I shared a flight of the house beers, as did Emily and Geoff.  Then we each ordered a glass of one of their seasonal brews.  I had Summer Haze which, according to the website, is brewed with unmalted grains, English yeast, hops, coriander, lemon zest, and rooibus herbal tea.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Grady had lots of fun sitting in a highchair and sucking on his stuffed Grimace (which his Uncle Geoff gave him). 

The brewery was a lot of fun.  We returned home just in time for us to enter the fantasy football draft.  Silly me, didn't take any photos of this fun little outing.  So I will share a different photo for this post. 

 
Grady thinks it is hilarious to ride on someones shoulders!

1 comment: