Friday, April 9, 2010

Tummy Time

At Grady's 2 month check up I asked the pediatrician what his views were on 'tummy time.' He didn't seem to think it was all that important. He said that babies who have regular tummy time are more likely to roll over sooner, but he didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. I decided it couldn't hurt to start working on it. I first tried tummy time with Grady when he was about a month old...he promptly fell asleep!


For a few weeks he did the same thing. I'd put him on his tummy, he'd fuss for a little while, I'd give him a pacifier, he'd fall asleep.

The past week or so he's been doing a little better. Well, at least he's stopped falling asleep. According to the developmental charts Grady should be able to do a "mini push-up." I'm not really sure what that is, but Grady is definitely NOT doing it. (but I'm not worried)

This is how his tummy time goes.

He sucks on his hand for a little while...


Then he starts to holler and fuss...

Then he tries to stuff his whole fist in his mouth...while still crying...like this is going to make things better.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! He really can almost get his whole fist in his mouth. That could be a useful party trick someday.
    love
    catcat

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just needs to get mad enough to do the push up ;-) You have to be pretty stinking mad and get that adrenalin going first.

    ReplyDelete