As soon as I saw this weeks topic for Memory Lane Friday, I knew exactly what I wanted to write about. The majority of the family heirlooms I currently have, come from my mothers side of the family. The thing I like most about heirlooms is the story behind them. This rug was made by my great-grandmother. It was a favorite napping place for one of my grandmothers dogs. Unfortunately for the dog, my grandmother didn't think it made a good napping place. Grady is helping to demonstrate the general size and location the dog would have napped.
In order to preserve the quality of the rug, she had it mounted and hung it on the wall.
For as long as I can remember this rug was hanging above the fireplace in her house. When my grandmother moved out of her house and later passed away, I acquired this little item to help decorate my place. It gave my apartment a distinct old lady look, but I had a lack of wall hangings so it has always been hung up wherever I've moved. It's not Taylor's favorite item, so when we moved into our current house, it was stored away in the basement.
While I was digging the rug out of storage I found another heirloom I received from my grandmother. When she moved out of her house, I made sure I got this item.
It's so retro!
I used to make milkshakes all the time when we visited her!
oh the memories!

She MADE that rug?!? That's really neat!
ReplyDeleteNext time I visit I want a retro milkshake :-)
maybe i should bring the milkshake maker camping with us! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh man! I want a milkshake too.
ReplyDeleteI bet she spent months hooking that rug.
Catcat