Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Preschool

Grady started preschool this fall.  He went to two week long camps this summer, so he had a little experience being away from home for a few hour in the morning.  When he went to the summer camps he wanted me to stay with him.  I even told him on the first day that Dean and  I would stay at the museum where the camp was held during his time there.  Once we arrived and he saw all the other kids playing, he seemed to forget about me.  I still took Dean to the children's museum, but only the first day.

 
Grady had the exact same reaction when starting preschool.  But when he got to his classroom he made a B-line for the train bin and seemed to forget about me.  Even now, six weeks in, he completely ignores me once we get there.  I barely get a 'goodbye' out of him!

 
We've noticed an improvement in Grady's listening and behavior since he started school.  I don't know if it's from the structure in the classroom or maybe socializing with other children his age.  Whatever the case, I'm enjoying it.

 
I'm also enjoying the ease of doing errands during the week.  It's much easier toting only one child around town than two!

No comments:

Post a Comment