Monday, October 7, 2013

Paris Mountain State Park

A few weeks ago we went on an easy hike at a local state park.  It didn't take long to drive over there and the hike followed the perimeter of a lake.

Grady was chuffing along on his train tracks...and we couldn't get too close to his "cargo" he was pulling.  (He is a train most days)



At the end of the lake there was a dam that made a pretty neat waterfall.  Grady was a little nervous about the whole thing.  He was afraid if he were in a boat on the lake he would fall off the edge of the dam. (I remember having this same fear as a child. My grandparents had a little lake at their house and I was always terrified of falling into the overflow drain.  It have me nightmares...I digress)


And if course, what trip to a lake isn't complete without a little rock throwing.  Dean probably would have loved getting in on the action, but I didn't feel like unstraping him from my back. Poor kid.

1 comment: