Monday, October 14, 2013

Curtain Call

I just finished making curtains for Deans room.  The walls of our house are rather beige, as is the carpet, so I wanted a bold fabric to brighten up the room.  I thought this construction equipment pattern was perfect for a little boys room. 

I was able to use some existing blackout curtains we had as the lining which saved me a ton of money.  I'm glad they turned out cute so I didn't ruin perfectly good curtains!  


These curtains are not only functional as black out curtains but also very good for playing hide and seek! 



I'm no seamstress.  I don't really know anything about sewing other than how to thread a sewing machine...and even that takes a few tries before I get it right. But these curtains were pretty easy. I think I'm ready to tackle some curtains for Grady's room next!

1 comment:

  1. I have lining and some different types of fabric. No kid patterns though. Remind me to show you what I have when you are up here.

    ReplyDelete