A recent study showed that nagging is one of the top reasons marriages end. In most cases I think there are many other factors, but the repetitive nagging sends them over the edge.
So, in the interest of marital longevity, I chose not to nag and to just do it myself. I've had a few simple projects for Grady's new room that I've wanted done for the past few weeks. This week, I decided to tackle them.
First, I wanted to hang some pictures on the walls. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on kids room art, so I got the idea (from wwww.pinterest.com) to frame book covers. I took all of Grady's books that came with a jacket, cut the jacket to fit the frames, and hung them up! Instant (and cheap) wall art. Grady loves pointing at all the different pictures and identifying each book.
I also purchased two glow-in-the-dark Thomas puzzles and framed them on the wall. These are nice when the lights are on, but even cooler once the lights go out!
Finally, my last project was putting together a cube shelf in the closet. I thought this would be the most difficult of the projects, but actually it only took me 30 minutes. (Way faster than trying to make all those pictures fit together and level). My biggest struggle was getting this into the house. The box weighed about 40 pounds, which wouldn't be so bad if I weren't 7+ months pregnant. Once I dragged the box into the house, I decided to wait for the husband to carry it up the stairs.
Once it was upstairs, I could open the box and move in one piece at a time and assemble it in the closet. I also got some cube drawers to use for some of the cubbies. This will serve as Grady's book/toy shelf.
Now Grady's "cool new room" (as he calls it) is almost complete...no nagging required!
Looks great! I really like the cube storage in the closet!
ReplyDelete