Friday, February 3, 2012

My little big boy

I've whined about mentioned Grady's eating habits many times before.  His pickiness has taken a turn for the worse lately because his two year molars are coming in.  Even before this new development, he was surviving on Mac & Cheese, PB&J, bread and apple sauce.  Sure he'll eat a few other things.  He actually really likes plain pasta noodles, rice, and refried black beans.  But the list of foods he'll eat is pretty short and lacking most fruit and all veggies.  Imagine my surprise when I take him to the doctor and he's in the 90th percentile for both height and weight.  I knew he was big for his age, he always has been, but I'm always amazed that he stays on target with the growth charts.

Then I witness this...

I suppose a good dad will always teach his son how to dunk an Oreo in a glass of milk.


I'm suspicious that this behavior happens a lot when I'm not around (like the weekends when I'm working).  Oreos must be the cause of Grady's incredible growth.  It's really the only explanation. 


 Oreo = toddler miracle grow.

In other news, earlier this week my sister welcomed her baby boy into the world.  He was a modest 7 lbs 8 oz, 20.25 inches (apparently she didn't get the giant baby gene that I inherited) Welcome to the world Maxwell Pearce Philip!  I would post a photo of Max, but I haven't seen him yet and I can't figure out how to save the photos they've sent me onto my computer.  You'll have to wait a little while to see what he looks like.   

No comments:

Post a Comment