When Grady was born, my mom's cousin sent me two Sandra Boyton song books: Philadelphia Chickens and Rhinoceros Tap. These books each come with a CD of the songs and each song has a sing-a-long page with an illustration. I didn't have these with the rest of Grady's books, but he discovered them in a bookshelf in the basement a few weeks ago.
At first, he was requesting to read these before bed. But then I introduced him to the music that went along with the books.
Grady will sit on the couch listening to "Fluffadelphiafa Chickens." He follows along in the book with the song playing and he actually turns to the right page.
I usually let Grady watch a TV show in the morning after breakfast, but the past few days he has requested to "watch Fluffadelphiafa Chickens?" As soon as the CD is over he asks to listen to it again. So we listened to it at least 6 times yesterday, and we're on our second run through already today. Good thing the songs are pretty cute otherwise I might be pulling my hair out at this point! (At least it's better than vegging out in front of the TV).
No comments:
Post a Comment