Monday, May 30, 2011

First Haircut

Grady got his very first haircut last week.  I've been putting it off for a long time.  After Taylor made the comment "when are you going to cut that boys hair already?" I broke down and took him to the hairdresser.  You see, Grady has (had) beautiful curls on the back of his head.


But his hair was in his eyes


I knew it was time.  I took him to a local kids hair cut place called Snip-its.  I splurged for the "First hair cut package" (only $5 extra).  Grady received a certificate with some locks of hair attached to it, a framed photo of his new hairdo, and a frog toy.


He did much better than I expected.  Grady was very serious the whole time, taking in his environment.


He really loved when they sprayed his head with water.  


They played a cartoon for him to watch so he didn't move to much.   Grady did great, he probably took the whole experience better than I did.  It was sad to see his little curls get chopped off.

2 comments:

  1. You shouldn't listen to Taylor :-)I have baby pictures of him with his hair flipping on his shoulders.
    But Grady does look adorable!

    ReplyDelete