with one thought in my head
If I don't get my cup of Joe
I might as well be dead
One cup, two cups,
sometimes three
without your sweet aroma
I don't know where I'd be
You are best freshly brewed
no sugar, no cream
A big mug, black as night
with just a little steam
Recently, we've parted ways
for reasons not my own
The husband has acid reflux
coffee? the doc does not condone
Supporting my better half
I have made the switch to tea
English Breakfast or Earl Grey?
Either one works for me
It's not the end for us
I still need my cup of brew
With long weekend night shifts
You keep me feeling like new
Until next weekend
I'll keep you out of sight
Though you are always in my thoughts
I will drink my tea in delight

I've never been a coffee drinker, but one of my swap buddies sent me a $5 gift card to Starbucks. So today, for the first time in about a year and a half, I got a small coffee. Gingerbread latte. They are so good! Too expensive to splurge on often, but what a nice treat!
ReplyDelete